Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"ABSTRACTED LANDSCAPE"

"ABSTRACTED LANDSCAPE"


I was painting with my Tuesday group, and was working on this oil painting. Someone asked me "what do you call this style of painting" Well...I had to think about that for a minute and then I blurted out "it's called "ABSTRACTED REALISM" So I thought that made perfect sense...it's abstract, but painted from a realistic photo. You can tell that it's a landscape..trees, river.... And, I like the term, so I think I will keep it! Abstracted Realism, yes! I'll have to look that one up and check to see if there really is something called abstracted realism. My son-in-law loves words and is always making up new words that make perfect sense when you think about it, but usually they are soooo funny. One time he came up with "un-truth-tha-tude" which is a lie of course, and he was telling someone that he wasn't happy with the "untruththatudes" the person was telling him! I guess you had to be there because it was too funny. Everyone in our family still uses the word; having quite a laugh about it every now and then.
So, I'll finish my Abstracted Landscape and take a better picture for you. The colors are toned down but still so rich. I really like the way it is turning out; very quite and peaceful. That is just what I needed to paint right now.
Thanks for looking today.



No comments:

Post a Comment