Monday, November 30, 2009

"ABSTRACT LANDSCAPE"


"Abstract Landscape"
30" x 30"
acrylic on deep canvas
(haven't priced it as of yet)

I've wanted to paint more abstract paintings for quite a while. My architectural rendering business slows quite a bit this time of year and I've had time to take on some new projects...yea :)
I love the feeling of an abstract..just an impression and more of a "feeling" piece of artwork. These are not very great pictures....it looks really bright, when really the yellows are more of a golden, the lavenders are more beautiful. I'll try to take a better picture later when it is finished.
I've been reading about painting abstracts and learning quite a few new things about this kind of art. I'll write some of what I've been reading about abstracts and maybe you will learn something about this type of art too!
And the size of the painting, I thought it would be so difficult because I have been painting small for quite a while, but actually it was so much fun because I really felt like I had so much freedom with my brushes and you really just get your whole body into the painting.
Thanks for looking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment