Thursday, December 3, 2009

"ABSTRACTED LANDSCAPE"




I'm posting "ABSTRACTED LANDSCAPE" again because the last photo was not a very good photo. I think now you can see the colors better...it really is not a washed out painting at all. And I also posted a close up of a small section of the painting so that you can see the colors and the brushwork. I just had fun painting this piece and could just see it in a very contemporary setting. The essence of the work is energetic and fun! It makes me happy to just look at it.
The American Heritage Dictionary defines abstraction as "the act or process of separating the inherent qualities or properties of something from the actual physical object or concept to which they belong." So, I started with an actual photo of a landscape and redesigned it to reflect my personal response to the photo. You can still tell that there is a horizon line and the sky; and those would be the only illusions of reality...

Thanks for looking today.

If you are interested in this painting please contact me.

visit my website: CharDavisFineArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment