Monday, March 2, 2009

STILL LIFE WORK IN PROGRESS

This is the beginning of my first still life. I won't say "ever" because I have painted flowers in a vase, and once I painted tomatos in a basket. But this is the first still life set-up in a shadow box ever, and also my first very realistic painting. I first painted the green apple, and then just a start on the cheese keeper (borrowed from my Mom, isn't it unusual?) I had a difficult time with the whites of the dish; you would think they would be easy, but nooooooooo, there are a million different colors of white! Anyway, I think it looks kind of antique-ish the way it is now and can't wait to paint the orange flowers.This is the drawing of the still life. At first I thought my drawing was too small; but now I think it will be ok.
This is a photo of my still life set-up. Took me forever to create and photograph this! It was fun though and quite a learning experience!!

Hope you have enjoyed the process, will post more as I get it painted. Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment