Thursday, April 10, 2008

SHEEP IN THE PASTURE

Title: Sheep in the Pasture
Medium: Oil on gessoed masonite
Size: 5"x5"
Available at: $75.00 unframed + $5.00 s/h in U.S.
How to Purchase: Contact the artist CharArtist@msn.com

Detail

Spring and sheep, they go together. I couldn't go down to my neighbor's house to take pictures of their new baby sheep because we got 6-7 inches of new snow today. This is spring in Colorado. The wind is blowing so hard; I don't even think could take a picture without being blown over or away! So I stayed nice and cozy in the house an painted this sweet little pastoral scene. The painting has very rich tones; one of my favorite things is the sky, it's a wonderful rich magenta..very different. I do enjoy daily small paintings for the opportunity to experiment with different colors, compositions, subjects.....oh, all of it. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment