Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"IF I LIVED IN THE COUNTRY"

This painting is hanging at a show by the "Palette Pals Art Guild" at the Littleton Town Hall. I totally re-did this painting; first it was strictly a watercolor, but there were so many things I didn't like about it. Soooo, I got out my acrylics and went to work. I loved the original composition, the road, the picket fence and the placement of the house..but hated the brushwork and some of the colors in watercolor. When I was finally done with the re-do, I loved the painting and almost couldn't put it in the show! The feeling of the painting turned out to be much more like I envisioned it would be the first time I painted it. Sometimes I guess you have to paint what you don't want in order to figure out what it is that you DO want.

Oh, and I have no idea what those two white "dots" are....I didn't take the photo with the flash on, but they came from somewhere, I don't know.

Thanks for looking today.



No comments:

Post a Comment