Saturday, May 3, 2008

Title: Architectural Rendering
Medium: Watercolor
Size: 10”x13”
Available at: Commissioned Home Portrait
How to Purchase: Contact the artist CharArtist@msn.com

Sometime it amazes me at the number of architectural renderings I am doing. Even though I have had this "job" for many, many years; I still enjoy the work and working with my clients. I am, however, seriously starting to realize that I spend a huge amount of my painting time working on renderings. One of my goals for this year is to find my "artistic voice" and mainly focus on my own style of personal painting, try to get into a couple of galleries, and start entering a few art shows. My artsy fartsy (lol!) friends tell me that I need to give up the rendering and just focus on my personal painting. It is a hard thing to let go of something like this business that I have worked so hard for....but things change and maybe it's time. When I started doing rendering full-time; we were really needing the income to put our second daughter through college. Well, now she is graduating with a degree in biology from University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, and will attend a medical program at Rose Medical Center in Denver, this next year. So, one more year to go, although this next year will not be too expensive for us. Are my rendering days coming to an end???? Thanks for looking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment