Sunday, May 11, 2008

LONESOME LIGHTHOUSE

Title: Lonesome Lighthouse
Medium: Oil on stretched canvas
Size: 11”x 14”
Available at: $175.00 unframed + $5.00 s/h in U.S. How to Purchase: Contact the artist CharArtist@msn.com



detail




*


My husband's father was an amazing man who loved boating on the ocean. I will always have such wonderful memories of how he could "drive" a huge yacht better than most people drive their cars! What a sailor he was. We were fortunate to have many opportunities to spend some of the most unforgettable times aboard his "ship" boating from Baltimore to the tip of Florida, and all the way up the Gulf side of Florida to the panhandle Once even took a trip over to the Bahamas, which was a great time that I will always remember. So, I know that I took this photo on one of those excursions; and I think that the lighthouse was in southern Florida, but can't be sure. If anybody knows where this lighthouse is; I would sure like to know! It could have been somewhere in the Bahamas, but I kind of think Florida. When I see lighthouses almost out in the middle of "nowhere" it always makes me think that they look so lonely and all by themselves. And hence the title of the painting. My goal with this painting was to capture that thick, calm, almost slightly misty feeling in the air early in the morning, and the beautiful pale turquoise water.



No comments:

Post a Comment