Friday, April 25, 2008

CHALK CREEK


Title: Chalk Creek
Medium: Oil on gessoed board
Size: 5”x7”
Available at: $75.00 unframed + $5.00 s/h in U.S.
How to Purchase: Contact the artist CharArtist@msn.com
*
For several summers, we have left out camper at a wonderful campground between Salida, and Bueno Vista, Colorado. Chalk Creek RV Park; one of our favorite places to camp. It's not really "camping" when you are in a beautiful camper, but we are too old to sleep in a tent, one the ground anymore!! So, we pull our camper to Chalk Creek, and then the next time we go up we take our four-wheeler. Such a pretty area; lots of places to paint around the campground, and the best, and I mean the very best and most beautiful fall aspens that you can find anywhere in Colorado. I painted this painting from a photo I took in our campground a couple of years ago and pulled it out to take with me to a little workshop I took on Wednesday with an artist by the name of John DeFrancesco. The workshop was strictly about "miniatures", full of information, and John was fabulous, sharing instructor. For this painting I drew and painted the painting upside down....literally!! The exercise is to help you see only the shapes and not get too crazy with the detail.....loved the exercise and the painting turned out loose and simple; which I really like. Thanks for looking! Oh, and if you want to look up John DeFrancesco his website is http://www.johndefrancesco.com/ ..I think he is just getting this site up and going, so check back often.

No comments:

Post a Comment